Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Bits pieces and a shower..


Well I finished the shower gift for my friend Nicole in time and made it to her shower this past Sunday.

I haven't seen her in about 2 years and just found out she will be moving to the middle east to Qatar for at least 2 years. Her husband has taken a transfer to the college there to be an assistant professor. So this will indeed be the last time I see her for a very long time. Talk about life in the fast lane - she's due the end of June - get that boy a passport - move in August.

The Shower was lovely and she really liked the gift, but was really surprised by the card - since she saw it first before the rest of the contents. She promptly asked me where I bought such a card - I was very happy to say "O I made that!". Nice to get some justification for what you love to do once in a while.

I was especially in love with my dessert - look how cute & yummy! She loves giraffes too - I was amazed to see how many baby items she got with little giraffes on them. She was too!

Here's a couple more shots of the artsy stuff. The image on the card is a couple of a vintage postcard I just found while junkin'. I'm so in love with it - I want to use it on every baby card I make.

O my little elephant...I love this little wooden guy, I used some stamps from my Quickutz Sophisticate set for his tale and ear - I think they worked out great and that was theguy so much - I used first time I had used them.


This little paint can worked out just the way I hoped it would. I found these months back at Staples of all places. They were on a clearance rack with no stickers and after I ran one to the front for a price check - I quickly ran back to get every last one that was left - I scored them for 50 cents each. Man, I love a bargain...anyhow.... I rolled baby onesies to line the inside and decorated it with Making Memories new Animal Crackers paper.

I got a couple sheets of the giraffe paper and a wooden giraffe that will become good friends some day - but the giraffe paper wouldn't have worked for my giraffe lovin' friend Nicole - because she's having a boy and that paper is way pink. I have another wooden elephant and a wooden ducky that will soon be altered victims as well.

On another note - I got flowers! I took my mom shopping on Saturday and she bought me flowers. They were at the end of the register and we were smelling them and I said this one particular bunch reminded me of my wedding day. Well, I should have known she was up to something when she told me to go first through the check out.

Opps! Tax Day! Do you have your taxes in? Yes, returned and spent...depressing. My mom in law - aka Bill's mom, mom, nana, Joyce...she's a mom of many names - took us to dinner tonight and Bill choose Kings. They were running a nice little tax day special. They paid the tax on your bill and you got a free frownie. Yum....o and 99 cent milk shakes...I couldn't resist a nice chocolatey one. Excuse me while I revert from Homer Simpson-ness drooling.

1 comment:

Bev said...

All the baby stuff turned out real cute! I especially love the elephant!

Bev