Saturday, May 17, 2008

When a door closes...

It's always sad to see something you loved and poured your heart into go away. I spent last night at a place that I had done just those things. I wanted one last time to walk in before the fixtures were dismantled, it's walls were bare and to make my peace.

I always loved "our happy place" and I guess all good things must come to an end, although it is sad to think of the what could have been.

I also went in hopes of seeing some of the greatest women I have ever had the fortune to meet. I became friends with so many women while working at the store. Many a late Friday night crop we shared, more than just a hobby; we shared a lot of laughs and a lot of our lives. I treasure the friendships that I made in those late nights, classes and weekend festivities. Everyone of them has effected my life in some way. They are some of the most talented, endearing and charismatic women out there and I truly love them all. So here's to you ladies - my late croppers of the night! Although the venue will have changed, we will all live to crop another night together....hehe!!!

No comments: