Monday, June 9, 2008

Buttons...

Buttons, buttons everywhere,
Every type and every size
Saved with oh so much care,
Each one is a special prize.

Saturday I went to the Keystone Button Club's Button Bonanza. If you love buttons, like I do then this was the place for you. I love using them in projects and just love looking at them all nestled together in a jar or bowl. I scored some lovely buttons all ranging in price from 5 cents to $1 being the most expensive that I purchased. Granted some of the hardcore collectors could have scored some buttons that were pretty pricey...I prefer the el'cheap-o ones. But that's just me.

So here a sampling of what I found. I love the images on these old button cards, they just aren't like that anymore.

I also found some neat old buckles. I just love the charm of them. I often wonder what piece of clothing they might have once lived on.

I also found another little wooden spool to go with my collection. I love the glass buttons I found and the woven work of some of these plastic floral ones.

I met some lovely ladies as I wandered table to table. They even had two seats at every table for you to sit at and browse through the boards and baskets of buttons. I had several of them ask me if I was interested in joining their club and I think I just might. I could stand to learn a few things about the buttons I cherish so much.

1 comment:

Bev said...

You go girl! Been waiting for an update for a while - thought you were on vacation or something! LOL!!

Hope all is well....

Bev